Asociatia Group4 Media Freedom & Democracy este o organizatie non-profit cu sediul in Bucuresti. Scopul Asociatiei este imbunatatirea si modernizarea sistemului democratic in Romania. Codul de înregistrare fiscală (CIF) este: 38512687
Asociatia este fondata de jurnalisti cu o experienta de peste 20 de ani in mass media, specializati in politica externa si interna, economie si justitie precum si in presa de investigatie. Asociatia este deschisa catre toti cei care rezoneaza cu obiectivele si valorile organizatiei.
- Cristian Pantazi – redactor sef
- Dan Tăpălagă – project manager
- Ioana Câmpean- editor
- Marilena Constantinescu – editor
- Cristian Drumcea – advertising
- Apararea si consolidarea unei prese independente, libere si care respecta standardele profesionale
- Afirmarea si apararea libertatii presei in fata oricaror forme de intimidare, cenzura si presiune
- Intarirea aplicarii principiului suprematiei si domniei legii
- Sustinerea unui sistem de justitie independent si profesionist
- Imbunatatirea sistemului electoral
- Apararea si promovarea principiilor bunei guvernari, a transparentei institutionale si decizionale si a accesului la informatiile de interes public
- Elaboram si implementam proiecte si programe
- Publicam studii, cercetari, analize, anchete jurnalistice, comentarii si evaluari
- Sprijinim si asistam jurnalistii sau organismele mass media a caror libertate de exprimare se afla in pericol
- Organizam evenimente publice
- mobil: 0751.033.201, 0741.059.309
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advertising – Cristian Drumcea 0722.408.071
G4Media.ro is an independent media outlet founded în 2018 by the Group 4 Media Freedom and Democracy Association. In March 2018, Dan Nicolae Tăpălagă and Mircea Cristian Pantazi, two of the association founders, started the independent website from zero. They left HotNews.ro, one of the most relevant online news media outlet in Romania, in order to set up a new online publication focused on politics, economics, justice and international affairs.
We focus mainly on exclusive stories, investigations and analyses, but we also cover the most important events of the day.
The publication started with only two employees and a few volunteers, but now the team expanded both in Bucharest and outside the capital city. As a result, G4Media.ro grew its audience, reaching +13 million views in December 2020.
During some very difficult years for democracy in Romania, we promoted the freedom of speech, the European values, the rule of law and the diversity of the opinion.
Since the very beginning of the website we started implementing grants. The first one was the project called ”State capitalism”, funded by the Democracy Fund. During this project, we documented the activity of the companies established by the municipalities from Romania – a new trend that proved detrimental to the market economy.
Another project, in collaboration with IPP (Public Policies Institute – NGO) was ”CSOs task force for counteracting fake news in Romania” and was financed by the US Embassy Bucharest. We published on G4Media.ro 44 articles related to disinformation and propaganda campaigns. We also published a study about this phenomenon and organized two public debates.
In 2019 we started a new project called ”TREND – TineRi Educați, Nu Dezinformați” (TREND – Educated Youngsters) in partnership with Centrul European pentru Educație și Cercetare Juridică (ECLER). The project was funded by the Fundația pentru Dezvoltarea Societății Civile (Civil Society Development Foundation). We run classes for students and wrote a syllabus about the disinformation campaigns.
Another project we run was monitoring the electoral campaign for the European Parliament in spring 2019. The project, funded by the Konrad Adenauer Foundation, aimed at monitoring the media behavior of the main political actors during the campaign, how the media covered the campaign and how the media regulators did their job. We had another similar project funded by KAS in 2020, during the general election.
We also run a project financed by the Representation of the European Commission in Romania. We published 24 articles on G4Media.ro and our social media accounts about how the European funds were used in Romania, both by the public and the private sector.
Donează lunar pentru susținerea proiectului G4Media
Donează suma dorită pentru susținerea proiectului G4Media
CONT LEI: RO89RZBR0000060019874867Deschis la Raiffeisen Bank